Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
At Banksia Park School R-7 ; we are fortunate to have all classes participating in the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program. The Program is driven by a trained kitchen and garden specialist who provides students with engaging, hands-on lessons. Students have the opportunity to grow and harvest different foods from the garden and then take them to the kitchen to use in delicious recipes.
The Kitchen Garden Program at Banksia Park School R-7 includes:
- Participation of all students from Reception to Year 7
- Specialists providing our students with lessons that are extremely engaging
- Specialists explicitly teaching fundamental life skills in a fun and educational way
- Practical and hands on learning experiences ranging from caring for chickens in the garden to preparing salads in the kitchen
- Students having the opportunity to eat at a table with their peers and practise correct table manners